Windows 10 Windows Feature Update 2004 is causing our devices to enter recovery mode upon attempted installation

• Thread starter Thread starter DJ675414
  • Start date Start date
D

DJ675414

The Windows Feature Update 2004 is causing our devices to enter recovery mode upon the attempted installation. Installation fails on about 100 of our devices, but thankfully not all are experiencing the recovery screen error (pictured). But for the ones that are, anytime the device restarts or is powered off and begins to boot the user is prompted with the windows recovery screen and must hit ESC in order to boot into windows. The feature update seems to be corrupting our devices across our entire company, so i was wondering if anyone has had similar issues to the 2004 feature update, or how you're organization is going about implementing it (if you are).

For context we utilize Intune update rings to deploy this software, and our devices are Windows 10 Enterprise. An Intune support rep informed me that Intune shouldn't be sending out 2004, but clearly thats incorrect as I've confirmed with users that they arent manually checking for updates

Recovery Screen & Error
Failed Update

More...

Back