Windows 10 Windows 10 black screen

• Thread starter Thread starter Ervin Rivera
  • Start date Start date
E

Ervin Rivera

Hello,

We are facing black/blue (solid color) screen with cursor randomly. This is when an user lock his session and doesn't use for a while, sometimes happen in 10 minutes other in less time or more time. When it happens the user can't unlock his session, ctlr-alt-del doesn't work practically the keyboard don't work, the user can move the mouse but the buttons also don't work, overall the screen is frozen. The only ways are hard reboot or due all the computers are in domain I use my admin computer to send the command taskkill to kill the process LogonUI.exe of the affected computer. With this the user can log in again. Sometimes when the user finally can login after I kill the process i have to run the explorer.exe due the taskbar is not showing up.

>>We have two version of W10, we are moving to 1709 to 1809 but the issue is the same on both.

>>The graphic drivers are up to date and all the chipset drivers too. (We have different models, HP and DELL, but the drivers are up to date and the issue affect everyone..).

>>The updates in both version are ok, but due the issue is showing up in both versions i don't think could be an update issue.

>>SFC scan doesn't show problems and DISM also.

>>Sleep option is set on "never".

>>Our antivirus is Symantec 14.2.4814 (right now i am doing test to see if it could be related of)

>>Even viewer in the part of System just shows the error:

"The processing of Group Policy failed because of an internal system error. Please see the Group Policy operational log for the specific error message. An attempt will be made to process Group Policy again at the next refresh cycle"

And the part of the System:

"Event Name: StoreAgentScanForUpdatesFailure0"

I hope you could help me with some insight..

Thanks in advance.

More...

Back