Help: Network capability turned off by Definition Updates?

• Thread starter Thread starter C David97
  • Start date Start date
C

C David97

Today for the first time ever I have been unable to connect my laptop to my home network and the internet.

The diagnostics say that the network capability is turned off. I have tried various things, such as the manual turn on after an hour, pressing FN F13, enabling the wifi, but nothing works. Unfortunately I did not have restore points configured so I am unable to use this solution.

Is this problem due to any of the 4 definition updates yesterday? The laptop and internet functioned perfectly until these updates which were installed prior to shutdown yesterday. Frustratingly, when I logged on today the network capability was turned off. I suspect it was Security intelligence update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus KB2267602(VERSION 1.317.1442.0) because this was the last update before shutdown at 21.52

Security intelligence update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus KB2267602(VERSION 1.317.1406.0)​

Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus Anti malware Platform KB4052623(VERSION 4.18.206.8)
Security intelligence update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus KB2267602(VERSION 1.317.1433.0)​

Security intelligence update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus KB2267602(VERSION 1.317.1442.0)​

What can I do to rectify this problem?

Any help gratefully received. Thanks very much.

Dave

More...