Windows 10 Password notification change crashing?

• Thread starter Thread starter ausghostdog
  • Start date Start date
A

ausghostdog

Hey,

Had a ticket raised that when a user logs onto other systems they get a message that their password is due to expire but not on their main system. I asked them to login and watched the icon tray, and for a split second I can see the key icon for password change required appear and then disapear. Same deal with the notifications area.

The system is Windows 10 enterprise 1909, same with all other systems this user is using. I have so far attempted an SFC repair and both online and offline DISM repair. Everything I am reading online says there are no toast notifications event ids so I can not track it in event logs for a crash, same with password change as well.

I did find this https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/accfb252-b43c-4c52-9054-14392326bf6d/password-expiry-notice-not-showing-up?forum=win10itprogeneral that is pretty much the same issue but I am unable to see any of those regkeys on any of our systems

I am thinking next of runing procmon but not sure how that would work given the user needs to login for the notification to appear so if procmon could capture it

I am trying to avoid a rebuild of the laptop, just want to see if anyone has seen this before or has anything else to try?

More...

Back