Windows 10 Windows 10 2004 - will not run logon script when mapping drives to 2003 server using SMB1

• Thread starter Thread starter Roortman
  • Start date Start date
R

Roortman

Wow, this issue is biting me in the rear. First off, I am pushing to get the old 2003 server replaced, that is being held up due to economic reasons. It's out of my hands due to the way our organization is structured.

**The problem:**
Up to the 2004 Windows 10 update the logon scripts ran fine and mapped drives to various servers - 2003, 2008,2012,2016. When 2004 Win 10 update is installed the logon scripts stall at the mapping command. But only on our corporate sites that are mapping drives to old Windows 2003 servers that uses SMB1. The map portion of the script will take 15 minutes to complete. Each map progresses slowly like molasses.

Testing this I found if I do a manual UNmap before the next reboot ( net use * /d /y ) it takes about 10 minutes to complete. On the next reboot the logon script runs fine and all connections are available - but subsequent reboots stall on the script again. Drives to the 2003 server are not available during the the time the logon script is running and stalled, nor after it completes the run, most of the drives show disconnected, those that show connected will not navigate to the mapped drives in Explorer, it produces a progress bar then fails. It appears preexisting persistent mappings are what is causing the slow response.

If I remove mapping commands to the 2003 server the script runs fine, add them back and it stalls again.

SMB 1 IS installed on the PCs and the script currently works on 1909 machines and maps to the old 2003 server.

Any ideas?

More...

Back