Windows 10 Windows 10 2004 won't detect internet even though wireless internet is working fine

• Thread starter Thread starter Alceryes
  • Start date Start date
A

Alceryes

I wanted to post my solution here in case others are having similar issues with the 'steaming pile' otherwise known as 2004.

I recently upgraded from 1903 to 2004. This is on an HP14 dq1039wn. It's got the 2x2 Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter. My wireless internet works fine but Windows is reporting that my internet isn't available. My wireless internet was correctly being identified just fine in 1903.

When I go to Troubleshoot it's telling me that I need to be connected to the internet to see recommendations. I already tried to reset my adapter settings and was able to reconnect to the same wireless but Windows STILL doesn't recognize that the internet is available. I've already tried other basic diagnostics steps to no avail

This is a huge issue. With Windows not 'detecting' my internet connectivity, even though my internet is working fine, all the other Microsoft apps are drinking the 'no internet' Kool-aid as well. I can't save to OneDrive from within Microsoft apps and Microsoft Outlook isn't working.

Edit - I've fixed the issue on my system. It appears that the 2004 update completely deleted everything in this regkey -

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet

Once I replaced the standard values that were there prior to upgrading to 2004 Windows started detecting my internet perfectly. Below is the regkey info in standard text, for anyone who's interested. Note that I take no responsibility for the plague, sunburns, stubbing your toe, or this regkey import somehow messing up your system - use at your own risk!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet]
"ActiveDnsProbeContent"="131.107.255.255"
"ActiveDnsProbeContentV6"="fd3e:4f5a:5b81::1"
"ActiveDnsProbeHost"="dns.msftncsi.com"
"ActiveDnsProbeHostV6"="dns.msftncsi.com"
"ActiveWebProbeContent"="Microsoft Connect Test"
"ActiveWebProbeContentV6"="Microsoft Connect Test"
"ActiveWebProbeHost"="www.msftconnecttest.com"
"ActiveWebProbeHostV6"="ipv6.msftconnecttest.com"
"ActiveWebProbePath"="connecttest.txt"
"ActiveWebProbePathV6"="connecttest.txt"
"EnableActiveProbing"=dword:00000000
"PassivePollPeriod"=dword:0000000f
"StaleThreshold"=dword:0000001e
"WebTimeout"=dword:00000023

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet\ManualProxies]

More...

Back