Windows 10 Disable or hide Searchbox in taskbar Windows 10 version 2004

• Thread starter Thread starter SingChung
  • Start date Start date
S

SingChung

There are quite a lot of resources on the Internet regarding disabling or hiding the searchbox in Windows 10 taskbar but many are for earlier versions of Windows 10.

Referring to this New Search Box in Win 10 1903 - How to disable, or change to icon, for all users

This is to set the registry HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\Searchboxtaskbarmode to 0.

This method doesn't work for me on Windows 10 2004. The taskbar remains enabled and visible and is usable.

I want to achieve getting rid of all icons on the taskbar, except the Start button. I can get rid of all but this Searchbox always remains.

If I go to HKU user's specific registry tree, at the Search\Searchboxtaskbarmode, setting it to 0, that particular user's taskbar will then not have the Searchbox. However, that is not what I want.

As I need to replicate this taskbar lockdown to thousand plus computers, applying to all non-administrators, manually doing it one by one is not feasible.

Has anyone has any success to disable or hide the Searchbox from taskbar on Windows 10 2004?

Valuable skills are not learned, learned skills aren't valuable.

More...

Back