What Did I Download And Windows Defender Wasn't Aware?

• Thread starter Thread starter maroner99
  • Start date Start date
M

maroner99

Dear Sir/Madam,

How's things?,

I already sent my zip file to Microsoft Windows Defender Team which Windows Defender wasn't aware it had hidden trojans and I didn't know either until I unzipped the infected zip file and continued on with the installation of a file and I didn't get what I was promised? and what I did get was a heavily damaged computer caused by who knows what it was?, and lot's of junk programs installed that was of no value to me. I tried a full scan and i got nowhere and tried to uninstall the junk programs and that also failed. It seems whatever was hidden in that zip file it was made to beat Windows Defenders full detection when it was downloaded right up to the installation of that weird program. I had downloaded and unzipped other zip files and still had similar encounters. I yet haven't found a free program which checks a zip file for hidden nasties?, and the last free program i used was Virus Total. I have been through many downloaded files that were fake as it looked good at the time and wasn't aware these files had hidden nasties that always went in undetected by Windows Defender in my Windows 10.The main problem i have is with zip files that promises to have what i like but it never was the case and just end up with maximum computer damage and damage to Windows Defender which just couldn't cope with it and it happened not just once or twice but nearly every time i unzip a zip file after not seeing any Windows Defender warning alerts on the screen and assumed it was safe to continue but it wasn't so. I even downloaded a Windows Defender repair tool which ended up being bogus and wasted my time in trusting it. I also downloaded another free antivirus directly from its website and it also ended up as bogus after finding out one must pay to remove all detected threats and there was no mention about having to pay up. If i have encountered flaws in Windows Defender on a small scale then what about those in business using Windows Defender as it was flawed on a much greater scale making it look bad either way. I still want to welcome Windows Defender for Windows 10 but with its long track record of flaws?, i am close to moving onto another free rival antivirus that has shown no evidence of flaws...I will wait and see what Windows Defender goes through in the next security improvements later after July 2020 and go from there ,before a decision is made to stay or switch to another free rival antivirus ..bye

More...