Windows 7 Remote desktop credentials did not work

• Thread starter Thread starter HoboFist
  • Start date Start date
H

HoboFist

Hi everybody...I've noticed quite a few problems with this around here, but my situation is far less complex. See I have a Surface Pro that I'm trying to use to remote access my desktop. My desktop is running Win Professional and has Norton 360 on it for security. I'm just running over my home network at the moment so I'm operating within the same WLAN. When I try to connect via my Surface Pro, after putting in my desktops computer name, I come to the point where I have to enter the credentials. This was pretty simple as I only have the one, So I put in my Admin log on info (just as I would to log on to my desktop normally). but after I do I get the dreaded "Your credentials didn't work" page. I've tried over and over again but It simply wont work. I have both PCs set up to accept Remote access, I have Remote Display cleared thru the Firewall, I even tried at one point to use the non- NLA just to see if it would work, but to no avail. I can't connect from my desktop rig to my surface either. When I try that I get "an authentication error has occured. The Local Security Authority could not be contacted", I saw in another forum that this could be due to an expired password, and even tho I assumed that was for a VPN access I ensured m,y passwords were new and that I was no longer using a PIN to unlock my Surface. I'm kind of expelled my options here, I thought this would be a simple click-n-play considering I'm in home and not using any other software/servers/whathaveyou but this setup has beaten me. Can anyone help?

More...

Back