Windows 10 Unable to log on to a domain or local account on a PC after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro build 2004 outside the domain network

• Thread starter Thread starter Lukáš Gančarčík
  • Start date Start date
L

Lukáš Gančarčík

Hello,
After you install the May 10 update for Windows 10 Pro build 2004 on computers on a domain network, there is a problem that after you log on to a user account, whether an authenticated domain or local account outside the domain network, such as at home, you cannot log on to the user account remains on the welcome screen, if I turn off the Internet connection before logging in, the profile will log in immediately. Then, when I connect to the Internet, there is a 100% load on the DNS service (I disabled the DNS cache in the registries + I performed flushdns). After restarting the OS, I already logged in, but in a while the system was unusable, this time 100% utilization was performed by the following processes: Local Security Authority and under it the services Account Security Manager, Netlogon Service, CNG Key Isolation and when I stopped these processes in the administrator the message that he would be logged out in less than a minute popped up, and then the laptop restarted.
Prior to the upgrade to build 2004, the login always worked outside the domain network, with the firewall in the OS categorizing the connection as a public network. So I agreed that this would be a problem with this update, even though I haven't come across such a description of the problem directly on the Internet so far, so I hoped that perhaps the next cumulative update would solve this problem, but after yesterday's release of cumulative security update 07-2020 and by installing it, the "DNS client" service will cause 100% CPU usage immediately after logging in. When I disable this service again in the registry, after a restart I log in to the domain network, but outside the domain again impossible, only a steady state on the welcome screen, probably with 100% CPU usage, as the fan on the CPU cooler is running at full speed. In the school domain, I have this problem with a large number of colleagues, and the ability to come back before installing this update is no longer realistic. Has anyone met anything like this, please?

More...

Back