My Quick heal antivirus making some of the files Quarantined from Windows directory, need to check authenticity of the files.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nilesh_Gajare
  • Start date Start date
N

Nilesh_Gajare

Greetings!

I have windows 10 Home, DELL Laptop and have Quick Heal Total security antivirus (latest version) installed on it. Since last few days my antivirus making some of the files in Windows directory as quarantine by marking them as suspicious files. Below is the list of files that are getting quarantine frequently. The name of the directory starting with 'inv' under Temp directory is dynamic and follows pattern as "inv*_tmp".

C:\Windows\Temp\invE51E_tmp\DrvappIE_PCI\DRVUpdate.exe
C:\Windows\Temp\invE51E_tmp\Executables\DRVUpdate.exe
C:\Windows\Temp\invE51E_tmp\Executables\PNPUpdate.exe
C:\Windows\Temp\invE51E_tmp\Thunderbolt_Reg\Executables\DRVUpdate.exe
C:\Windows\Temp\invE51E_tmp\Thunderbolt_Reg\TB_Controller_new\DRVUpdate.exe

Seems like these files are getting created frequently (approx. 2-3 times in a day) and then immediately getting quarantined by the antivirus.

One more thing I also want to mention here: @ 7-8 days back I had updated my Windows with regular Windows updates coming as popups. However, my sound drivers stopped functioning correctly, so I had to revert the updates. I am not sure whether this is related to above the issue but I started observing it since then.

Please help me identifying the authenticity of the above files. If those are authentic windows files and are safe to keep without quarantine, I will instruct my antivirus accordingly.
However, if these files are not windows files and could be problematic then we need to find from where those are coming, because my antivirus is not finding any other problematic program apart from above files.

Thanks!

More...

Back