Defender Not Removing Harmful Apps

• Thread starter Thread starter amj1989
  • Start date Start date
A

amj1989

I have been dealing with a plethora of threatening apps for weeks now. When I run a scan, I get numerous notifications that I have a potentially harmful app and it requires action. They are things like a PUA/Win32 InstallCore, Conduit, Presnoker, etc... No matter what I do, I can't get rid of them. When it detects them, I check the radio buttons for remove, then start actions. When it finishes, they're still there. I've tried quarantining them instead. Nothing. I've tried the Offline Defender Scan. Nothing. I've tried going into the App and Browser control and removing them one by one from there. Nothing.

Starting to see a pattern?

I've tried two different third party apps, and neither of them are even detecting them. Yet they keep multiplying out of control according to defender and slowing down my computer like crazy. The cherry on top is they seemed to have done something to my start menu as I am now getting the dreaded critical error, and none of the troubleshooting steps are fixing that.

I have, of course, made sure all the latest updates are installed (many, many times a day). I am losing my mind and the functionality of my computer. I'm at my wit's end.

What on earth will fix this?

More...

Back