SOLVED! DEFENDER service missing - guide to reinstall it with a proper values in registry

• Thread starter Thread starter Alicja Unknown
  • Start date Start date
A

Alicja Unknown

Hi,

I'll be quick

I can't turn on windows defender in services msc - it's grayed out

i have admin privileges, adding 2nd admin doesn't help

there's no disableantispyware in reg policies

there is no "Windows Defender Antivirus" in gped, like a whole 'folder'

in old control panel, when i click "windows defender" - "use recommended settings" i get error 0x80070422

and of course when i go to Windows Security windows and to virus and threat protection, it says it is turned off, if i use the "restart" button, there's a pretty nice window saying "unexpected error, there is a problem, try again later"

I can't write how many "useful" solution ive tried, nothing works bc either it doesnt or i cant follow the instruction, because for ex i dont have win def antivirus in policies :D

Last time i had this problem, clean installation was the fastest way, but i can't solve it like that now

also i've used adwcleaner / hitman pro and malwarebytes, hitman pro turned on task manager (it was blocked, so maybe virus?) and later windows was unable to uninstall malwarebytes (weird)

Please help, sorry for mistakes, i'm from poland and also i use polish language in windows, so the error message was translated by me, words may differ

Thank you in advance for patience, understanding and your help <3

edit: ive done sfc scan and restore health in cmd - nada

More...

Back