Microsoft account Security Sign in activity log shows multiple IP addresses and sign in locations but are when I signed into my account?

• Thread starter Thread starter Franko_811
  • Start date Start date
F

Franko_811

Hi,

I am a home user.

I logged into my Microsoft account to change my password and decided to check my "Recent Activity" sign in log. Something I had not done before.

All of the entries seemed to correlate with my sign in activity but many sign ins showed multiple IP addresses and locations in distant cities around North America .Some I recognized as my own IP address and city . Some were from my city, Vancouver, but different IP addresses.

I changed passwords and logged out and back in many times with the same effect. These sign ins were all mine. Some times showing sign in locations like Montreal and Atlanta. Some sign ins that I made showed repeated locations and the same correlating IP address . Montreal for example. Others were more random. There is no way there is maleware on this computer, a lap top I bought brand new ,out of the box, Windows 10, 2 days ago. I am running Kaspersky total security on it. Multiple scans all clean.

Can someone tell me what is going on here? Thanks!

More...

Back