Mouse actions give unexpected results

• Thread starter Thread starter louisedraws
  • Start date Start date
L

louisedraws

Many problems with mouse in Word, Excel, Thunderbird, even in this message:

Selecting with mouse has become close to impossible:

• Make a selection, let go of mouse, and selection is partially or completely gone.
  • If I manage to get a selection to stick on the desired text (that would be after many tries) and want to copy or move it, the result is having the text/words randomly scatter among the other text in what ever program I'm using: Word and other programs that allow text, such as email, filling in a form on a web page, any place with text. In Excel, same problems with selecting cells, e.g. can't select a row of cells in order to get a sum, same with moving or copying.
  • If I make a selection using keyboard shortcuts, moving or copying with mouse results in scattering as described above.
  • In Word, for instance, when I grab the margin 'bar' in the ruler, as soon I set arrow down to change margin, the paragraph menu pops up instead, and same with popup menus when I want to maybe change a tab location, and other craziness.
  • When I attempt to move an open window on the desktop, it maximizes instead of moving.
  • Once my taskbar moved itself from bottom to top.
  • I can't make a selection using the Snip tool.
  • And other crazy random things.

Yes, I ran scans, including root kit, for virus or malware. Always finds nothing. I've been talking to Kaspersky techs and have sent them system reports, etc. They found nothing wrong. I used two other malware finder programs, and they find nothing.

I even changed the batteries in my mouse. 😊 That didn't help either.

Now I'm wondering if it could be from one or another Microsoft updates?

Any help/suggestions from anyone?

More...

Back