Red warning screen "tech support scam" IS NOT WHAT YOUR SAYING IT IS

• Thread starter Thread starter MattWerk
  • Start date Start date
M

MattWerk

Ive read the advise posted on this red warning screen and instructing to reset the browser but not potentially fatal but this is extremely false. This is a highly sophisticated virus that I have not observed infect 22 of my clients systems in less than 6 days, jump the browser with no user interaction outside of closing and shutting down immediately then I personally formatted the hard drives and clean install windows 10. In a matter of minutes it gain discrete control of outlook accounts, google accounts and all login data used on the system, then lock out the user entirely upon login on other device but continue letting the user use the account on devices that were logged into prior to the infection with little to no sign. From Thursday to Tuesday it developed into full blown identity theft. Here's the real kicker, even after formatting the drive with a separate clean pc, it was present after clean install was completed. It literally survived formatting. All partitions deleted and no file system present. This is not what you think it is and I would bet anyone of you that has experienced it thinking it was nothing to be concerned with just haven't realized what its really doing yet and its without a doubt, quietly still effecting you. It doesn't raise any eye brows on the host system so that the user continues feeding it data and giving it time.

More...

Back