Windows Security full scan seems to end early.

• Thread starter Thread starter ZacharyKim
  • Start date Start date
Z

ZacharyKim

I'm not sure how long this has been the case, as I often leave a full scan running while I go do something else, but I noticed recently that the Full Scan seems to finish earlier than it says it should. Once the blue progress bar is about 1/4 full, the predicted time until completion slowly rises and fluctuates. The number of files scanned keeps going up, however. Generally, once the progress bar reaches close to 50% completion, and the predicted time until completion gets to around 11-13 minutes, the scan will suddenly end and Windows Security reports that there are no new threats. I believe the number of files it reports scanning is around the number of files on my computer, but I am not certain of how many files there really are. Also, this occurrence does not happen during a Quick Scan.

I have been using Malwarebytes Premium trial which could be the cause, but this still occurs even after I briefly disabled Malwarebytes Real-Time Protection and ran a Full Scan. I tried going into Safe Mode to run a Full Scan there, but opening up Windows Security there simply shows a blank screen and no options. So my question is, is this occurrence during a Full Scan simply a visual hiccup and the Full Scan is working properly? Is it actually because of Malwarebytes after all? Or is there some malware that can be causing this? (I have run rKill, Malwarebytes Adwcleaner, and Malwarebytes, and found no detections)

More...

Back