I had someone hack into my computer: after it has been fixed how do I prevent it from happening again?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jadee Blue
  • Start date Start date
J

Jadee Blue

My Desktop PC is a HP All-in-One 22-c0xx with McAfee (unfortunately) anti-virus

After doing a complete system reset (I had my files remain and re-installed Windows) I am back up and running. I have made sure that I have done all I can to ensure that it does not happen again; I have only Ethernet (wired internet connection), turned off Wi-Fi, scanned my PC. However I am in need of some expert advice to ensure this does not happen again after having the same issue 3 months ago and having to do a complete clean download of Windows 10 from a USB disk drive that was sent by HP.

I have several screen shots including one that has my attackers IP address and serial number to his computer... if there is a way to prosecute this person or just give the authorities what I have so this person is stopped from also harming other people than I will do it.

Here is one of many screenshots: NOTE - I do not have a Bluetooth radio account or device but in this screen shot it says that I do. I do have more screen shots from my Device Manager and Error logs and want to send them to the right people.

Can anyone give me some advice on taking preventative measures to ensure that my computer is not vulnerable to attack and take action to stop this person who hacked into my computer.948966e7-6ce9-41c7-8622-a34558ad6852?upload=true.jpg

More...

Back