McAfee improper business practices against Windows consumers?!

• Thread starter Thread starter P1:)
  • Start date Start date
P

P1:)

Long story but bare with me, it is important.

I decided to uninstall McAfee using their mcpr tool so that is done correctly. After doing so, I tried to enable Microsoft Defender Virus & Threat protection. To my surprise, I received the following notice.

"Page not available - Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."

At first, I was okay, let me sign as administrator. I did and tried accessing Virus & Threat protection, and got the same message!!!

I tried several options, from trying to enable it from registry keys, to checking malware, to updating windows, checking the date and time, sfc scans, dims, and even trying to reset security center. The latter was scary as the option to restart it was all greyed out and there was a password under the "log on" tab!!!. I do not have any password associated with any of my windows accounts. how was this password generated. I couldn't gotten an virus as I did not do anything after uninstalling McAfee other than searching for virus and threats in my computer.

I decided to reinstall Mcafee and after doing so, I have full access to Virus & threats again. (without having the option of enabling it since I am now using McAfee again).

I then tried to uninstall it using "add and remove programs" and same problem, couldn't access virus & threats again.

Once again, I reinstalled McAfee and sure enough, virus & threats is there.

It is obvious that uninstalling McAfee is messing up Virus & Threats in a way that is close to being illegal. I know defender works after uninstalling McAfee because I tested it with a fake virus file. McAfee is doing something to mess with Microsoft's customers and push them into buying their product. These tactics are improper and Microsoft shouldn't tolerate such business practices and distance itself from such.

My question, how can I remove McAfee and still be able to use virus & threats protection. I know this is possible because I have other computers and I do not have this issue.

My computer is an HP pavilion x 360 15-dq100 running windows 10 and it is only a few months old.

Thank you,

P1

More...

Back