Scammers installed Ultraviewer which scanned my computer. What should I do?

• Thread starter Thread starter PhyllisCowart
  • Start date Start date
P

PhyllisCowart

I had a call from a California phone number (213) 766-4357 to my cell phone yesterday, January 8, 2021 at approximately 5:18 pm.

I was informed by the caller, a male foreigner who spoke English, that he was calling from Apple Support and that my IP addressed was being used in NewYork and they wanted to catch the Scammer if I would help them to do so. They requested that I get on my computer, laptop, and instructed me to go to Ultraviewer and download it on my computer. While doing so, I asked how I knew they were legit. He said he would transfer me to his immediate Supervisor. A lady with a foreign voice spoke to me with more clear English, she said her name was Scarlett Collins and it showed as an Apple Security Officer on the screen, APL 0008756634 AND Employee ID ASD7531642.

The Screen showed a tracer directing them to Dayton Ohio, Latitude 39.678622 and Longitude of 83.927339. In the meantime, I could see the word:

Encrypted and it looked like it was scanning my computer. I questioned her again about what was going on and she explained they were trying to keep my IP address from being stolen and that their were 78 foreign addresses that had connected to my IP address.

I hung up the phone after she said I would need to pay $500 and it would be reimbursed by Apple, which also showed up on the screen. I told her I was not paying anything and hung up the phone. I immediately received another phone call but did not answer it.

I am 67 years old and can not believe that I allowed them access to my computer files. Today, I uninstalled the Ultraviewer app from my computer and ran a virus scan. It showed 45 files that could not be opened.

Please advise what I should do now to insure my computer is safe.

Thanks,

* Moved from Windows 10

* Original title: Scammed, please help.

More...

Back