A few features of windows 10 latest update not working becuase I installed a rootkit

• Thread starter Thread starter ApoorvSrivastav
  • Start date Start date
A

ApoorvSrivastav

A few days ago, I accidentally installed a rootkit on my pc. After I successfully managed to remove it, I found out that it had done some pretty serious damage to the pc. After fixing a lot of stuff with the help of google, I am not able to fix these final issues.

i) Windows defender service is gone and I can't import anything to the registry because it gives me error and I have already tried to fix that error.

ii) SearchUI.exe is gone as well and thus, pressing the start button does nothing nor does pressing the search bar.

iii) Screenshot no longer works, I tried to take screenshots a couple of times by pressing win + shift + s but all I get is the yellow coloured outline on the border of my screen. Even the pointer doesn't change to the special plus shaped screen shot tool!

If anyone from the community can help, I would be very grateful. This is my work pc and all these issues have reduced my work efficiency by a LOT!

More...

Back