Lost Android Contacts Failed to Sync from Gmail Account! What to do?

kailyhua

I was composing a message and the phone got stuck when I was about to select the recipients. (Wanted to group send message so that’s why I was not answering directly.) After waiting for a while the phone was still not responding then I forced to shut down and turned it on again. Okay I again edited the same text and tap to choose receivers. Good grief! NO CONTACTS! EMPTY! Why? What happened?

I first tried to sync Gmail contacts back to my Sony Xperia, however when I logged in to Gmail and it was the same! NO CONTACTS!

Long story short, I finally found Myjad Android Contact Recovery which seems to be useful because I want simply the contacts. So is there anyone tried successfully restoring lost contacts with this program? Any advice? Many thanks!

I haven't, but, I have heard of people using it successfully. If you store your contacts on the sim have you tried pulling it out and putting it back in?

Simply use Google's Contact restore function and resync the contact list with Google to get your android contacts back:
1. Go to https://www.google.com/contacts/
2. Click More
3. Click Restore Contacts....
4. Tick the duration that you wanted to restore from
5. Click Restore
6. Resync your phone with Google

Back