Transfer contacts from iphone to Galaxy S5

Avadula

Have been playing with iOS for a few years. Since the introduction of Galaxy S5, I think it's good move to have an Android powered device as the iPhone gets older. My question is that how can I copy my iPhone contacts to Galaxy S5 without typing them manually on the new device. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Avadula

I connect to an Exchange server and store all my contacts there. Then I can sync any phone and get my contacts.

If you have your contacts on iCloud then Samsung has an app that will sync them to your Android.

On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select ‘Add Account’ and select ‘Microsoft Exchange’. Enter your Gmail username and password when you’re asked. Now, in the ‘Server’ field, type m.google.com and select ‘Yes’ to sync contacts and calendars.

That should do it! You can also download the InTouch app on both phones, which will let you share contacts between the two.

On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select ‘Add Account’ and select ‘Microsoft Exchange’. Enter your Gmail username and password when you’re asked. Now, in the ‘Server’ field, type m.google.com and select ‘Yes’ to sync contacts and calendars. That should do it! You can also download the phone transfer app on both phones, which will let you transfer iPhone contacts to Samsung Galaxy.

If you're Mac user, Now connect your iPhone to your Mac and launch iTunes. Scroll down and select 'Info', and then tick the box next to 'Sync Contacts'. The next time you sync your iPhone on your Mac your contacts will sync with your iPhone - and you're done!

The iPhone user needs to change their messaging to SMS. I just spend countless hours reading posts and calling AT&T.

Settings-messaging-SMS turned to on position.

Also UNREGISTER all Apple devices under your Apple ID that use iMessage.

It's a Mac glitch due to their proprietary policies. Yet one more reason, after 25 years of being a Mac user, I switched to Chrome.

Have been playing with iOS for a few years. Since the introduction of Galaxy S5, I think it's good move to have an Android powered device as the iPhone gets older. My question is that how can I copy my iPhone contacts to Galaxy S5 without typing them manually on the new device. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Avadula
You can not transfer iphone contacts to samsung galaxy directly.But you can use itunes.You can backup iphone contacts to itunes ,then transfer contacts from itunes to computer.

This Phone Transfer has been used by many users who switched from iPhone to Android. It's very convenient and safe to mve data between Android and iPhone.

Last edited:
Back