How to Root Galaxy S7 Edge?

cammydou

I recently purchased an Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile and want to root the phone in order to install custom themes and ROMs. I searched on XDA and tested a few free Android rooting app. Unfortunately, none of them worked. Should I wait more time for new tools or there were existing apps I didn't know?

I recently purchased an Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile and want to root the phone in order to install custom themes and ROMs. I searched on XDA and tested a few free Android rooting app. Unfortunately, none of them worked. Should I wait more time for new tools or there were existing apps I didn't know?

Now the T-Mobile and Sprint S7/S7 Edge models have locked boot loaders. There won't be a root if ever at least in the traditional ways of the past.

They will have to go looking for vulnerabilities in the same way jailbreakers do to jailbreak an iPhone. This means that if the do find a way to root, it will always be patched in the next OS update just like Apple.

Also, I have my Note 5 rooted. A few days ago, I restored back to stock and Samsung Pay still told me that it could not be used because my phone had been altered in an unauthorized manner. So it looks like once you root, Samsung Pay is unable to ever run again even after going back to stock.

But if you still need to root your Samsung S7, maybe AnyRooter will work for you.

Back