Samsung's Galaxy Fold is a piece of junk, and now everyone knows it

• Thread starter Thread starter Zach Epstein
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zach Epstein

Galaxy Fold Release Date
Remember a little over 7 months ago when I told you that you shouldn't get excited about Samsung's first foldable phone? Well, here we are.

Samsung has plenty of strong suits. It is the top-selling smartphone vendor in the world, after all. It makes gorgeous AMOLED screens for mobile devices. The company also makes some of the best components in the world and has a booming chip business. One thing Samsung is not good at, however, is first-generation products. In fact, "not good" is far too kind... Samsung is awful at designing first-generation products.

We've seen it time and time again. Samsung's strength is refinement, as evidenced by its Galaxy S and Galaxy Note smartphone lines. Early generations were terrible, plasticky iPhone copycats. Now Samsung's current-generation flagship phones are market leaders in so many ways. The Galaxy S10+ might be the best all-around Android phone I've ever tested, and the Note 10 sounds like it will be even more impressive. But the Galaxy Fold is nothing short of an absolute disaster, just like I said it would be. In fact, the only way the Galaxy Fold launch could possibly be any worse is if batteries start exploding like they did back in 2016 when Samsung had to cancel production of its Galaxy Note 7 and recall every single phone it sold.

Continue reading...

Trending Right Now:

1. It sure looks like Samsung’s Galaxy Fold is a piece of junk

It sure looks like Samsung’s Galaxy Fold is a piece of junk originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 08:46:44 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

9zDVRivtqJ8

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back