Tesla’s Cybertruck may be ‘hideous,’ but pre-orders have already hit 200,000

• Thread starter Thread starter Yoni Heisler
  • Start date Start date
Y

Yoni Heisler

tesla-cybertruck-shot.jpg
"What the hell is that?" was the first thought that crossed my mind when I first laid eyes on Tesla's recently unveiled Cybertruck. A few days later, I'm still not sure what I think about the unconventional and unabashedly futuristic design. On the one hand, I think it's cool that Tesla is willing to roll the dice with a completely polarizing design, something completely different from what we're accustomed to seeing on the streets. On the other hand, the Cybertruck is arguably an eyesore with limited mass appeal. Here's a fun fact: If you type in "Cybertruck is" into Google, the first autocomplete suggestion reads: "Cybertruck is hideous."

The market will ultimately decide whether or not the Cybertruck will take Tesla to new heights of profitability or go down as a case-study of a disastrous, if not embarrassing, product launch. From what we can gather so far, though, it appears that the Cybertruck -- despite an avalanche of critiques and tweets mocking its design -- is off to an encouraging start. Pre-orders for Tesla's new pickup truck jumped to 146,000 just 48 hours after launch. Three days after launch, the number of pre-orders rose to 187,000. Late on Sunday, Elon Musk took to Twitter and relayed that Cybertruck pre-orders have since reached 200,000.

Continue reading...

BGR Top Deals:

1. Amazon’s 10 best Black Friday deals on Sunday: Sony headphones, $20 Fire TV Stick, AirPods Pro, more
  2. Bose’s Black Friday blowout begins with all-time low prices on headphones, earbuds, and speakers

Trending Right Now:

1. This is easily the most exciting PS5 leak so far
  2. Apple’s Black Friday 2019 deals have been announced – here are all the best deals you’ll find
  3. Best Buy’s Black Friday sale has begun – here are the top 10 deals

Tesla’s Cybertruck may be ‘hideous,’ but pre-orders have already hit 200,000 originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 25 Nov 2019 at 09:50:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

-6ogRsIdg0Q

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back