The $23 Wyze Cam has a killer feature you won’t get with a $200 Nest Cam

• Thread starter Thread starter Maren Estrada
  • Start date Start date
M

Maren Estrada

wyze-cam.jpg
There are plenty of popular product segments out there in the smart home space, but we're not sure any of them are quite as popular as home security cameras. You pretty much can't load a single page on Amazon or any other retailer without seeing 10 different cameras from 10 different brands. The Nest Cam has been among the most popular options out there for years now, but we're here to tell you that it's just not a smart purchase anymore. It's that simple. There are a bunch of better options to be found these days, and today we're going to tell you about our favorite one while it's on sale at a discount.

At $26 shipped, the Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera is already an absolute steal. It has all the basic features you'd expect like night vision, 2-way audio, 1080p resolution, motion detection, and more. On top of all that though, you also get 14 days of free cloud storage. The $200 Nest Cam doesn't even offer that! $26 is indeed a great price, but 2-packs are on sale right now on Amazon for just $46.80. That works out to $23.40 per camera, which is an unbelievable value.

Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with…: $46.80 ($23.40 each)

Check out this great review from Amazon to see how much people love the Wyze Cam:

Ok my family has an Arlo, Nest, and now Wyze. Nest was my first camera at $180 for 1 camera. I hated that it didn’t record for long unless you paid for the service and also that it wasn’t wireless. The Arlo I installed in my moms home it records for a week is wireless and rechargeable, but comes with a hefty price tag of $600 for 3 camera set up. I wanted 2 more cameras and saw that the Wyze had good reviews. I thought for $25 a camera how could I lose and I’m so glad I did I bought it. These are for my first impressions. I haven’t played with it long enough to really give you more detail. There is a user-friendly ap and I have an IPhone XS the use of the ap and the quality of the pictures is pretty damn good for $25. Check out my pictures. I do have the Wyze camera and Nest camera behind glass windows. For the reviewers who complained that it doesn’t turn off and it records them naked....look I have dogs and I primarily use this to check on my new puppy. I wouldn’t install a camera where I would be walking around naked. Whether I could turn off the system or not. Sure it can deter burglars but I have a 90lb German Shepherd whose bark can make your skin crawl. I don’t necessarily need to record but this camera has that option with the additional purchase of an SD card. I have to dock it a bit because it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the Arlo. It isn’t wireless and it doesn’t record the way the Arlo does but I don’t really need that option. Look where this camera lacks it makes up in price. I just ordered 2 more. Also too bad it’s not for outdoor use but my cameras I mount inside in front of windows. It can reach super high temperatures where I live and I don’t want to risk my Nest came melting on me. I installed a set of baxia solar powered lights and for under $200 I have a home security system with 4 cameras, recording capability and excellent image quality.​

Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with…: $46.80 ($23.40 each)

Today's Top Deals

1. Why spend $1,000 on a Galaxy S20 when this unlocked Android phone with 3-day battery life is only $219?
  2. Brand new iPads really shouldn’t be as cheap as they are today on Amazon
  3. Instant Pot’s new Air Fryer lid is probably my favorite thing ever, and it’s $60 off

Trending Right Now:

1. Netflix will release 55 new original movies and TV shows in March – here’s the full list
  2. Microsoft just accidentally confirmed a huge feature for Xbox Series X
  3. Leak reveals launch timing for a brand new product unlike anything Apple has made before

The $23 Wyze Cam has a killer feature you won’t get with a $200 Nest Cam originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 09:29:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

o8YKfdmkk5A

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back