This hilarious deepfake of Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in a ‘Star Trek’ episode blew me away

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

screen-shot-2020-02-20-at-10.37.49-pm.png
"No other specimen has shown your ... adaptability ..."

I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm a sucker for a good, quality deepfake video -- one where the entertainment value is by and large the purpose for it, mind you -- and today I think I'm going to have to go ahead and crown a winner. The best one I've ever seen, to be more specific, and the one I've gotten a kick out of the most. I'm referring to the hilariously faked footage you can watch at the top of this post, which inserts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk into a reto clip from the Star Trek TV series.

Entertaining? Check. Impressive production? Check. Realistic-looking? Obviously, but you be the judge and just go ahead and cast your eyes a few inches above these words and settle on that image of Jeff Bezos' face superimposed onto the giant, vein-y head of an alien. The clip even plays with the pop culture exaggeration of Bezos' many habits and personality quirks, which makes it hardly any stretch at all to imagine him as the alien being he appears to be here, marvelling at the strange behavior of the human he sees standing before him. Alien Bezos can't seem to get over the fact that the human (USS Enterprise Captain Christopher Pike) doesn't appreciate the captivity the alien wants to place him in. Even though it's "pleasant and benevolent." Almost as if he's grasping to understand why he won't submit himself to membership in Amazon Prime. Hey, wait ... Star Trek's "Prime" directive ... it all fits!

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. After trying BenQ’s mind-blowing new 4K home theater projector, I might never buy a normal TV again
  2. Today’s best deals: Crazy $112 AirPods deal, Anker accessory blowout, $18 home camera, $29 earphones, board games, more
  3. Why spend $1,000 on a Galaxy S20 when this unlocked Android phone with 3-day battery life is only $219?

Trending Right Now:

1. Microsoft just accidentally confirmed a huge feature for Xbox Series X
  2. Netflix will release 55 new original movies and TV shows in March – here’s the full list
  3. Scientists solve mystery of space bacteria on the ISS

This hilarious deepfake of Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in a ‘Star Trek’ episode blew me away originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 21 Feb 2020 at 03:37:26 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

hM4gctUNKh8

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back