Everything you need to know about two of the most popular Amex cards on the market

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

delta-skymiles-reserve-amex-platinum_ccsl-cropped.jpg
BGR has partnered with The Points Guy for our coverage of credit card products. BGR and The Points Guy may receive a commission from card issuers.

Please note: the offers mentioned below are subject to change at any time and some may no longer be available.

More often than not, I find myself trying to book a Delta flight whenever I travel, both to continue to rack up SkyMiles since I'm a member of the airline's loyalty program but also because I've found it to just offer a better overall experience. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for those sweet low fares offered by Southwest, another airline I'll jump at the chance to fly with. But because it's a smaller airline and tends to fly to fewer destinations, I don't always have the opportunity to book with Southwest (and do the awkward pre-flight lineup, a gripe for another day). All that said, for a Delta loyalist like me, it's a small step from there to looking around for a solid co-branded card that can give me extra value for this relationship I've voluntarily entered into. There are certainly plenty out there, and if you've never dipped a toe into the world of rewards-based credit cards before, you don't know what you're missing. It's the difference between a piece of plastic that you use to make purchases and hits you with interest for carrying a balance, versus a card that offsets all that with a grab bag of perks and rewards, from free checked bags to priority boarding, bonus points that can be exchanged for miles and so much more.

What I'd like to zero in on in this post is a look at two cards that Delta loyalists like myself often find themselves weighing against each other when they're researching all the various cards that are out there. One of them is the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, regarded as the premiere co-branded Delta consumer card. However, you'll often hear other people insist that The Platinum Card® from American Express is actually the better card for Delta flyers. Today, we’ll dive in to see which of these two cards is the best card for you.

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. Today’s best deals: Crazy Anker sale, Animatronic Baby Yoda, $6 smart plug, $8 wireless charger, $23 home cam, $25 earbuds, more
  2. Amazon’s Galaxy S20 pre-order deals include extras you won’t get anywhere else
  3. You won’t believe all the deep discounts Amazon has today on best-selling Anker accessories

Trending Right Now:

1. Microsoft just accidentally confirmed a huge feature for Xbox Series X
  2. Sony’s PS5 might be in trouble when it’s first released
  3. A massive new planet that dwarfs Jupiter was just found lurking nearby

Everything you need to know about two of the most popular Amex cards on the market originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 22 Feb 2020 at 02:02:05 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Viu7gmpeBlI

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back