This compact 65W adapter fast-charges your laptop and phone at the same time

• Thread starter Thread starter Maren Estrada
  • Start date Start date
M

Maren Estrada

aukey-omnia-charger.jpg
  • A few short years ago, having the ability to fast charge a laptop and a smartphone with the same charger was unthinkable — now there's a charger that will fast charge them both at the same time!
  • It's called the AUKEY Omnia Dual-Port 65W Fast Charger, and it's one of our favorite new accessories.
  • A single charger can pump out up to 5W of power split between your laptop and your phone, and there are two different versions available that are both discounted for Prime members.
  • Visit BGR's homepage for more stories.

When I travel anywhere these days, I feel like I need a separate bag just for all the adapters and cables I need to charge up all my gear. I have a giant brick with a different cord coming out of each end for my MacBook, and I have a separate USB-C adapter and a USB-C to Lightning cable for my iPhone. My Apple Watch obviously needs Apple's proprietary wireless charging disc and its mile-long cable, and my Kindle eBook reader needs a micro-USB cable and a different wall adapter. Oh, and then I also need a regular USB-C charger and adapter for the portable power bank I carry around with me. Long story short, it's a huge pain in the butt.

With all that in mind, you can see why I was so excited when Aukey sent me the company's new AUKEY Omnia Dual-Port 65W Fast Charger ahead of launch. This thing is... awesome! It's 50% smaller and about 50% lighter than the MacBook's wall adapter, and it has a total power output of 65W. That means you can connect it to just your laptop and it'll charge at a full 65W, or you can plug in a second cable and fast-charge your iPhone or iPad at full speed while your laptop charges at 45W.

There are two different versions of the AUKEY Omnia Dual-Port 65W Fast Charger, and they're both on sale right now on Amazon. The Dual Port USB-C PD and USB-A model retails for $50 but can be had for just $37.59 right now if you're an Amazon Prime member, and the version with two USB-C PD ports is down to $43.99 instead of $60 for Prime members. I carry the latter with me now so that I can fast-charge my iPhone 11 Pro while I also charge my MacBook, and it's like a dream come true.

AUKEY Omnia Dual-Port 65W Fast Charger

• 【Omnia GaN Chip】 Charge faster with smaller, lighter-weight chargers from AUKEY’s Omnia series – the world’s smallest PD chargers ever. Through industry-leading gallium nitride (GaN) GaNFast technology, enjoy high-powered charging for your smartphone and laptop from a product no bigger than a standard phone charger
  • 【Dynamic Detect】 Augmented with AUKEY Dynamic Detect, the first USB-C port can output the full power of the charger with 65W Power Delivery when used on its own, and 45W Power Delivery when both ports are used together
  • 【High-Speed Charging】 Fast charge your iPhone 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max / XS Max / XS / XR / X / 8 Plus / 8; 13" MacBook Pro; or other compatible USB-C devices that support USB Power Delivery
  • 【Safe & Reliable】 Built-in safeguards protect your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
  • 【Package Contents】 AUKEY PA-B4 65W USB C Dual port wall charger, User Manual

USB C Charger AUKEY Omnia 65W Fast Charger (Dual Port USB C PD 3.0 Plus USB A) with GaNFast Tec…: $37.59

USB C Charger AUKEY Omnia 65W Fast Charger USB C Dual Port with GaNFast Technology and Dynamic…: $43.99

More of today's top deals

Apple AirPods Pro: $234.98

Apple AirPods with Charging Case: $139.00

Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case: $169.00

HoMedics UV-Clean Phone Sanitizer | Faster Than Any UV Sanitizer On The Market | Kills Up to 99…: $79.99

UV Cell Phone Cleaner Sanitizer Sterilizer,Smartphone Sanitizer Sterilizer Cleaner,Cell Phone C…: $38.99

Phone UV Sanitizer, Portable UV Light Cell Phone Sterilizer Smartphone Cleaner Aromatherapy Fun…: $55.99

Aerostar Home Max 20x20x1 MERV 13 Pleated Air Filter, Made in the USA, Captures Virus Particles…: $37.99

Breathe Naturally Universal 12x48 Cut-to-Fit Activated Carbon Filter (4 Pack) Charcoal Air Filt…: $25.99

Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device with Alexa built in, Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, includes the Ale…: $24.99 (use code 4KFIRETV)

Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device with Alexa built in, Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, includes the Ale…: Buy two, get a $20 Amazon credit

TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones [Upgraded] Bluetooth Headphones SoundSurge 60 Ove…: $33.99 (use code BGRCE060 by 4/18)

Wireless Earbuds, Mpow M20 Wireless Headphones 106 hrs Playtime, Bluetooth Earbuds aptX Bass+ L…: $29.99 (use code QDCU5J9N by 4/11)

Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Charcoal: $39.99

Echo Flex - Plug-in mini smart speaker with Alexa: $19.99

Instant Vortex Plus 7-in-1 Air Fryer, Toaster Oven, and Rotisserie Oven, 10 Quart, 7 Programs,…: $119.00

Blink Indoor Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection, HD Video, 2-Year Battery Life a…: $54.99 - $219.99

Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera with cloud storage included, 2-way audio, 2-year…: $69.99 - $299.99

Uniware 2403 Stainless Steel Flask Red/Blue/Silver with Box 350/500/1000 Ml (350ml, Silver): $8.99

Today's Top Deals

1. Amazon’s home security cameras with 2-year battery life are down to the lowest prices of 2020
  2. Instant Pot makes a huge air fryer oven and it’s never been cheaper at Amazon
  3. Today’s top deals: Massive Anker sale, DIY face mask supplies, AirPods Pro, best Fire TV Stick 4K deal ever, more

Trending Right Now:

1. Coronavirus lung scans are a puzzle for doctors
  2. Doctors don’t understand this mysterious condition that kills coronavirus patients
  3. Doctors just uncovered another unusual coronavirus symptom

This compact 65W adapter fast-charges your laptop and phone at the same time originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 8 Apr 2020 at 13:03:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

udzgVqlcBxg

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back