Why I’m not interested in ‘Mandalorian 2’ or any new ‘Star Wars’ shows

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris Smith
  • Start date Start date
C

Chris Smith

The-Mandalorian-Season-2.jpg
  • Disney’s second season of The Mandalorian has just finished, with the finale premiering on the Disney+ streaming service this past Friday to great reviews.
  • Season 2 does have one huge problem that Disney can't shake away anytime soon, and it's something that might make the show less appealing to many people: That’s The Rise of Skywalker film that ended the third trilogy.
  • The last Star Wars movie had an absurd villain revival that made no sense and wasn't properly explained at any point. Whatever happens in the Mandalorian series, it’ll still lead to the same silly future we saw in The Rise of Skywalker.

The second season of The Mandalorian has just concluded. The response to the most successful Disney+ original TV series so far has been overwhelmingly positive, from what I’ve heard throughout season 2. All my knowledge of Mandalorian 2 comes from limited Slack conversations and skimming coverage in the past few weeks. That’s because I haven’t watched a single minute of the new season, and I don’t plan to get caught up anytime soon now that all the episodes are available to stream — season 2 premiered on October 30th, with Disney releasing new episodes each week since then.

Why am I skipping this popular, well-reviewed series? There’s a huge problem with Star Wars that has completely killed my excitement for the universe right when things are supposed to get more exciting than ever.

BGR's Top Deal of the Day

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. Amazon slashed an Echo smart speaker to $9.99 for the first time ever
  2. Ford automotive manufacturing dominance meets the agility of Newlab’s studio model
  3. From futuristic design details to game-changing power, the all-electric Porsche Taycan has — and does — it all

Trending Right Now:

1. This is why the end of the coronavirus pandemic might finally be in sight
  2. Somebody asked Dr. Fauci which COVID vaccine he’d get, and here’s what he said
  3. Another coronavirus mutation was discovered – and this one might be more dangerous

Why I’m not interested in ‘Mandalorian 2’ or any new ‘Star Wars’ shows originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 20 Dec 2020 at 11:04:13 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

1RVU8c0E9-Q

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back