Google is about to fix one of the worst things about Chrome on Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris Smith
  • Start date Start date
C

Chris Smith

Google-Chrome.jpg
  • Google announced it’ll fix one of the worst things about running the Chrome browser on Windows 10, the resource drain.
  • Chrome can consume plenty of memory on Windows PCs, impacting the overall performance and leading to crashes.
  • Google confirmed it found a way to allow users to completely shut down Chrome processes and free up memory when the browser slows everything down.

Google Chrome is the world’s most popular browser, and that’s hardly a surprise. It’s fast, features many useful tricks, and supports plenty of useful extensions that can improve the internet surface experience. Chrome is also terribly annoying, to the point where I’ve been looking to ditch it for years. It’s a resource hog and can significantly impact battery life on laptops. As I'm typing these words, my MacBook's fans have gone into action, a sign that Chrome is consuming way too many resources. These are problems that Google vowed to fix over and over, with the latest such promises coming in just earlier this year. While Chrome can be annoying across operating systems, Google just confirmed that it would fix one of the worst things about running Chrome on Windows 10 computers.

Today's Top Deal

31NaZPQPUaL._SL160_.jpg

These best-selling KN95 masks used to be $45 at Amazon

prime-logo.png
Price: $25.99
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. This $34 purchase will completely transform your Instant Pot
  2. Only Prime members can get these 10 great Amazon deals
  3. Today’s top deals: Honeywell masks, Purell disinfectant spray, $175 off Apple Watch, Sonos Playbar, $7 smart plug, more

Trending Right Now:

1. If you’re on this list, you’re not getting a second stimulus check
  2. ‘Super Gonorrhea’ is spreading like wildfire thanks to COVID-19
  3. Bill Gates says these 3 coronavirus breakthroughs will be what save us in 2021

Google is about to fix one of the worst things about Chrome on Windows 10 originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 24 Dec 2020 at 07:31:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

GlLKwzv92FM

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back