I’m an iPhone user, but I’m so jealous of this upcoming Pixel feature

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris Smith
  • Start date Start date
C

Chris Smith

pixel-5-2.jpg
  • Google was just awarded a design patent that indicates a Pixel phone of the future could feature a design unseen on iPhone or Galaxy S handsets.
  • Google might be working on under-display camera tech, like many other players in the industry. That should be an exciting prospect for iPhone users waiting for a similar design from Apple.
  • What sets Google’s effort apart from others are the computational photography algorithms that turned the Pixel into one of the best camera phones on the market.

I’ve often explained why I’m unlikely to move from iPhone to Android. I’m too entrenched in the Apple ecosystem, and everything “just* works.” Yes, there will be hiccups here and there, but the iPhone-Mac combo is unbeatable. It’s not just the Apple hardware. It’s the hardware and Apple software of these products and the way they’re intertwined. Not to mention all the premium apps for iPhone and/or Mac that I’d have to leave behind. Add other elements to the mix if you’ve got them, like the Apple Watch, AirPods, iPad, and Apple TV, and moving to Android is all the more difficult.

With all that in mind, iPhone, iOS, Mac, and macOS can’t evolve and stay competitive without any pressure from Google and Microsoft. The better Android and Windows hardware, and the more polished and reliable Android and Windows 10 become, the better the Apple experience will have to get. That’s why I totally love this Pixel innovation and hope Google will find a way to make it happen by Pixel 6 or 7.

Today's Top Deal

31NaZPQPUaL._SL160_.jpg

These best-selling KN95 masks used to be $45 at Amazon

prime-logo.png
Price: $25.99
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. Honeywell cloth masks that people go crazy for just got Amazon’s first discount ever
  2. This $34 purchase will completely transform your Instant Pot
  3. Apple Watch Series 6 is $175 off at Amazon, and it’s one of 2020’s hottest gifts

Trending Right Now:

1. Dr. Fauci reveals the one side effect he felt from his coronavirus vaccine
  2. If you have this popular painkiller, throw it away
  3. A PS5 signature feature is already breaking down

I’m an iPhone user, but I’m so jealous of this upcoming Pixel feature originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 25 Dec 2020 at 06:50:16 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

tgCrPHCa-7s

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back