Netflix just revealed its #1 biggest show ever – and it’s definitely not what you think

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

rsz_bridgerton_102_unit_00220r.jpg
  • Bridgerton, the Regency-era drama from Shondaland, is officially Netflix's biggest original series to date.
  • Netflix says Bridgerton has been watched by members of some 82 million households since its debut.
  • Bridgerton has also sparked a wave of sales of corsets and romance novels, attesting to the show's popularity.

If you tried to sit down right now and predict what Netflix's biggest original series has been so far, considering all of the huge, buzz-worthy original series like Stranger Things, The Witcher, or The Crown, to name a few -- well, we can almost guarantee that your guess will be wrong.

That is, unless you were one of the tens of millions of people who've already binged the new Netflix drama from Shondaland that debuted on the streamer in December. We're talking, of course, about Bridgerton, the Regency-era drama that was born out of the $100 million development pact that Netflix inked with Grey's Anatomy and Scandal creator Shonda Rhimes back in 2017, and, boy, did Netflix get their money's worth, it seems. "During my Netflix interviews, I remember being asked: 'If you could make any show, what kind would it be and why?' Netflix VP of Original Series Jinny Howe explained in a company blog post a few days ago. "I dared say the truth -- that in a pop culture world dominated by sci-fi and fantasy, I’ve always loved beautiful, lush romances. Being direct paid off, though little did I imagine that the first project I would help bring to life at Netflix would be Bridgerton."

Today's Top Deal

417kzNyh7rL.jpg

Amazon keeps selling out of these black AccuMed masks - now they're back in stock!

Price: $26.25
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. Get an Echo speaker for just $15 and Amazon will toss in an awesome free bonus
  2. Here are the 8 coronavirus essentials the CDC says to stock up on
  3. Apple’s blazing-fast M1 MacBook Pro is down to its lowest price ever at Amazon

Trending Right Now:

1. Can you guess the most unfriendly state in the United States?
  2. Dr. Fauci says these 3 things can keep you from catching COVID-19
  3. Democrats’ new plan is so much better than $1,400 stimulus checks

Netflix just revealed its #1 biggest show ever – and it’s definitely not what you think originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 00:30:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

ur2VSKuas18

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back