These are the iPhone apps I can’t live without right now

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

iphone-11-ios-14.jpg
  • My smartphone is an iPhone XR, and over the past year or so I've gravitated to some new apps that I've come to rely on more than others, especially thanks to conditions stemming from the coronavirus pandemic.
  • These apps include everything from Flipboard to HBO Max, which carries my favorite TV series at the moment, as well as the Starbucks and Target iPhone apps.
  • Read on for some additional iPhone app recommendations that are especially perfect for the COVID-19 era.

Already this morning, I've used the Starbucks app for my regular caffeine injection, bought New York Times reporter Nicole Perlroth's new book This Is How They Tell Me the World Ends: The Cyberweapons Arms Race via Apple's Books app, scanned the morning's headlines via Flipboard, and downloaded the latest episode of my favorite TV show right now -- the sublimely fantastic Italian crime drama Gomorrah -- to my iPhone XR.

That last one I did via the HBO Max app, one of several iPhone apps I've found myself reliant on more than ever over the past year. Do I even need to remind you of why? In hindsight, I don't necessarily know whether it's the coronavirus pandemic that nudged me into spending more time with these apps than I otherwise would have, or if the pandemic just pushed me harder in a direction I was already going. My reliance on the iPhone's Wallet app, though, is one thing that's definitely pandemic-inspired. It's where I keep my digital Apple Card (I didn't even bother getting the physical version of Apple's still relatively new credit card), and I've become a big fan over the past year of forgoing cash entirely, using my iPhone to make purchases like groceries at Target while racking up cash back along the way. Keep reading below, because I'll give a brief run-through along these same lines of some of the other iPhone apps I couldn't imagine living without right now.

Today's Top Deal

511JJPsCb6L.jpg

Amazon shoppers can't stop raving about these $20 sneakers

Price: $19.99
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. Amazon’s craziest deal is about to end: Alexa speaker and an LED smart bulb for $15
  2. 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Saturday: 30% off NIOSH N95 masks, Philips Hue Lightstrip, weighted blanket, more
  3. People are infatuated with Amazon’s new $20 smart gadget

Trending Right Now:

1. A Mars orbiter just detected something it’s never seen before
  2. You might need surgery if you use this recalled nasal spray
  3. This tasty sauce sold across multiple US states is now recalled

These are the iPhone apps I can’t live without right now originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 13 Feb 2021 at 09:01:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

OIdUosb7qxU

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back