This is the Spotify playlist I’m addicted to right now

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

maxphotostwo099921.jpg
Woody Harrelson’s character in the 1997 movie Welcome to Sarajevo has this great line, where he rakishly declares at one point, “You know, only two good things ever came from England. One, America. Two, The Beatles!”

The statement is a gross exaggeration, of course, but it’s the kind of thing that can feel at least directionally accurate to a certain kind of music fan. Most of the music I love came from there, which probably explains my addiction to a new quasi-morning radio show I recently discovered and have incorporated into my daily routine. Everything I love stays in heavy rotation on this show’s playlist, from the The Clash to New Order, The Stone Roses and, of course, The Fab Four. In fact, that trick is how Spotify was able to hook me me on The Get Up, a new … well, think of this still relatively new Spotify playlist (which is really a radio show) as the sonic love child of a podcast and a playlist, mixed with the trappings of a traditional radio show format. There are hosts to keep you entertained and informed, A-, B- and C-block segments, and, of course, plenty of music. Music that Spotify pulls from the bands, artists and genres that it already knows I love. Like on one particular morning, when The Get Up hosts Kat Lazo, Speedy Morman, and Xavier “X” Jernigan had finished one of their segments, and the show then delivered up the first chunk of music algorithmically tailored to me. Next thing I knew, Peter Hook's sublime, propulsive bassline that opens the track Age of Consent on New Order's staggering 1983 album Power, Corruption & Lies was filling my ears. And I knew I was home.

Today's Top Deal

41KTOGFHKOL.jpg

Sleek black KN95 masks are back in stock at Amazon after selling out twice!

Price: $14.99
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. Today’s best deals: $20 Wi-Fi extender, $28 dash cam, $2 black masks, $98 Sony ANC headphones, $10 wireless charger, more
  2. These are the 8 coronavirus essentials everyone should stock up on, according to the CDC
  3. Amazon has incredible $200 Sony noise cancelling headphones on sale for $98

Trending Right Now:

1. Huge leak may have finally revealed Marvel’s first X-Men movie
  2. Warning: Coronavirus case numbers are climbing again in these 15 states
  3. If you still have AT&T TV Now or DirecTV Now, your bill’s about to go up

This is the Spotify playlist I’m addicted to right now originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 6 Mar 2021 at 20:29:55 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SkzaYNS2GEw

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back