This is the reason I rarely open Apple’s Messages app anymore

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

rsz_adobestock_289481949.jpg
The SMS messages come with increasing regularity, almost daily now. The Apple Messages app on my iPhone stays loaded up with text messages from Amazon, generally informing me that I’m a winner in the day’s product raffle. All I have to do is click a link within the text message -- a message, by the way, whose sketchiness is so embarrassingly obvious, down to the fact that they almost always mention a name other than my own (“Tara” being the supposed recipient of the latest dodgy missive). And the spammers couldn’t even bother to pretend I’d won Apple AirPods, instead of EarPods, like the most recent message says.

There was a time I could mark these messages as “Junk” within my iPhone’s Messages app, but I’m no longer presented with that option. Just a simple delete or block is the best I can do, with the latter being practically useless since the messages come from a different phone number every time. I’m far from alone in this problem -- this Amazon link takes you to a question and answer page within Amazon.com where you’ll find a litany of customer complaints exactly like mine, from people likewise being spammed with these text messages. All of which is starting to make me suspect: Because robocalls got so pervasive in recent years, to the point that many of us stopped answering unknown calls altogether, it’s starting to feel like those spammers adjusted their tactics to reach us by text message now.

Today's Top Deal

41H7FLRncPL.jpg

Amazon coupon deal gets you a best-selling 4K camera drone for only $59.99!

Price: $59.99
You Save: $50.00 (45%)
Coupon Code: TOMZOND25 (by 3/28)
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. People are flipping out about this $31 gadget from Amazon that went viral on TikTok
  2. This $59 box on Amazon is going to make your cable company furious
  3. Amazon double coupon deal cuts this awesome foldable 4K camera drone to just $60

Trending Right Now:

1. Please don’t drink this bottled water, which may be giving people hepatitis
  2. If your stimulus check hasn’t arrived yet, this might be why
  3. There’s an easy fix for the Android apps that keep crashing on your phone

This is the reason I rarely open Apple’s Messages app anymore originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 23 Mar 2021 at 17:46:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

BAyhJE2j3pA

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back