‘Ted Lasso’ season 2: Here’s when the best Apple TV+ original series is returning

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

rsz_ted_lasso_photo_010403.jpg
Apple was apparently so excited on Tuesday, following the iPhone maker's big "Spring Loaded" virtual product event, to announce the return of its hit Apple TV+ series Ted Lasso that I got a press release announcing the season 2 release date of July 23 from two separate Apple PR hands.

But that's perfectly understandable. The half-hour comedy starring Jason Sudeikis, which Apple has also already green-lit for a third season, is magnificent and arguably arrived last year at the absolutely perfect time. With his performance as the titular soccer coach Ted Lasso, Sudeikis delivered an abundance of corny, feel-good warmth at a moment when the coronavirus pandemic had us all desperate for an escape from the health crisis' drumbeat of negativity. This is probably best summed up in a particular moment early in Ted Lasso's inaugural season, when one of the new English soccer players under Lasso laments that he’s now being coached by “Ronald (expletive) McDonald.” With that perpetually hopeful, earnest grin that remains on his face for much of the show, Lasso good-naturedly turns to his assistant coach: “You gonna let him talk to you like that?” I don’t think he was talking to me, the assistant coach shoots back. “He thinks he’s mad now,” Lasso muses, “wait till we win him over.”

Today's Top Deal

51M12lZ9LmL._SL500_.jpg

This $30 gadget went viral on TikTok — now Amazon can't keep it in stock!

Price: $29.74 ($29.74/Count)
You Save: $6.25 (17%)
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. This $16 clip-on lens kit fits the iPhone or any Android phone, and it’s awesome
  2. Amazon deal offers a 7-inch Android tablet for under $43
  3. Save 61% on a 6-port USB rapid charger on Amazon
  4. Save 75% on a Canon black and white multifunction laser printer on Amazon

‘Ted Lasso’ season 2: Here’s when the best Apple TV+ original series is returning originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 20 Apr 2021 at 16:37:11 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

s9M3pT2th7c

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back