This is the craziest thing Google announced at I/O, and people can’t stop talking about it

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

Booth_Blog.max-1000x1000-1.jpg
At this point, those of us who cover technology for a living are pretty used to demos and product showcases that promise magic, some revolutionary new breakthrough, some boundary-pushing leap forward that promises to put a dent in the universe. Hyperbole is de rigueur for Silicon Valley tech giants like Google -- even though, sometimes, the breathless tease arguably turns out to, well, be warranted. A good example of this is Google's Project Starline, a new video chat system that was unveiled at the search giant's annual I/O conference this week.

Suffice it to say, the presentation blew people away, and the whole thing looks so magical and impressive that I need one yesterday. It's the kind of thing that certainly would have made the past year, dealing with the inconveniences of the coronavirus pandemic, a lot more bearable.

Today's Top Deal

41bqPUGrnOL._SL500_.jpg

Everyone's rushing to Amazon for this Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush deal!

Price: $39.95
You Save: $10.00 (20%)
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. Amazon’s hottest smart home gadget is only $30 – plus there’s a promo that pays you $40
  2. The gadget that helps you cook perfect steak is $33 at Amazon, a new all-time low
  3. Get Prime Day prices now with these 10 Prime-only deals on Amazon
  4. Amazon has a best-selling memory foam mattress with 70,000 5-star ratings for $107

Trending Right Now:

1. Biden isn’t sending out any more stimulus checks, but there’s another way you might get one
  2. Apple just revealed the first iOS 15 features coming this fall
  3. Your biggest stimulus payment ever is coming soon – and you might not even know about it

This is the craziest thing Google announced at I/O, and people can’t stop talking about it originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 19 May 2021 at 18:49:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

bmiFB4DYvsI

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back