Apple CEO Tim Cook wants you to watch this ad ahead of his Epic Games testimony Friday

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

PastedGraphic-1.jpg
One day before Apple CEO Tim Cook takes the stand on Friday in the high-stakes court fight between the iPhone maker and Epic Games over the former’s increasingly controversial App Store commissions, Apple released a new ad as part of its “Privacy. That’s iPhone” ad campaign. In this particular spot, which you can check out below, we follow a guy going about his daily routine, and in each “scene” he’s using a common app that facilitates everything from a coffee shop order to hailing a taxi ride. As the ad progresses, more and more people end up squeezing in beside and around him, creeping on him, and spying on what he’s doing, until, one by one, he uses Apple’s App Tracking Transparency feature to erase all of them from existence, Thanos finger-snap style.

Each busybody disappears against the backdrop of a post-punk soundtrack playing in the background, courtesy of English band Delta 5 -- the lead singer of which belts out very apropos lyrics, like: “Can I have a taste of your ice cream? Can I lick the crumbs from your table? Can I interfere in your crisis? No, mind your own business!”

Today's Top Deal

31gtbqaQ1nL._SL500_.jpg

AirPods Pro are back in stock at Amazon's lowest price of 2021!

Price: $197.00
You Save: $52.00 (21%)
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. Get ready for Prime Day 2021 with a free $15 Amazon credit
  2. Last chance to get this popular Amazon gadget with 351,000 5-star ratings for $15
  3. OMG: Add wireless CarPlay to any CarPlay-equipped car with this brilliant device, now $46 off
  4. Amazon’s rare double discount shaves $400 off an amazing pool cleaning robot

Trending Right Now:

1. Will there be a fourth stimulus check after all? Here’s what we know
  2. If you haven’t installed Apple’s latest iPhone update yet, read this first
  3. Apple just released iOS 14.7 public beta 1 so all iPhone users can try it

Apple CEO Tim Cook wants you to watch this ad ahead of his Epic Games testimony Friday originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 20 May 2021 at 19:09:30 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

46plQrelxgM

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back