Beware: Do not click on this text message from Amazon if you receive it

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

rsz_adobestock_338079451.jpg
I was on a video chat a few days ago with someone who works at Facebook, and the conversation turned at one point to the various messaging alternatives to the social networking giant's standalone Messenger app. He held up his iPhone and showed me his screen as he scrolled through a pretty long list of scammy text messages, many of them from Amazon purporting to announce things like a winning raffle award. I've already made my thoughts clear on this in previous posts -- that whatever you want to say about the social network, a comparison of Messenger to something like iMessage is not even close when it comes to which one handles junk texts and scam texts better.

About those unwanted messages, we'd like to zero in on one kind of them -- the now-pervasive Amazon scam texts, which have become such a problem that the Better Business Bureau has been inundated with hundreds of complaints from people about them. And Amazon has also filed what's known as a John Doe lawsuit, where a matter is so urgent that you seek help from a court of law even before you know the identity of the perpetrator.

Today's Top Deal

31gtbqaQ1nL._SL500_.jpg

AirPods Pro are back in stock at Amazon's lowest price of 2021!

Price: $197.00
You Save: $52.00 (21%)
Buy Now

Continue reading...

Today's Top Deals

1. Oops: Price mistake on Amazon drops smart plugs with 52K 5-star ratings to $3.75
  2. Prime Day is every day in this hidden Amazon department – check out these 10 deals
  3. Study says this one thing is 20x more likely to help you sleep than anything else – and it’s only $20
  4. I’m obsessed with this mesmerizing $26 Amazon kitchen gadget that went viral on TikTok

Trending Right Now:

1. There’s a new secret stimulus check coming – and you have to ask or you won’t get one
  2. iOS 14.6 has a secret new feature that Apple didn’t announce
  3. SpaceX is about to hit a ridiculous milestone

Beware: Do not click on this text message from Amazon if you receive it originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 26 May 2021 at 19:13:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

OlSfOsLIgts

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back