Google is testing its own Find My Device app to rival Apple’s Find My

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris Smith
  • Start date Start date
C

Chris Smith

apple-spring-loaded-event-23.jpg
Earlier this year, Apple unveiled the AirTag tracker. The device helps users find missing objects, including an iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, or a pair of AirPods. AirTags leverage Apple’s massive Find My ecosystem, relying on anonymous, crowdsourced location data to track objects. A ping to a nearby iPhone could let an AirTag on a stolen scooter send the owner its last known location. In fact, that actually happened, helping someone retrieve their stolen belongings. Apple has more than a billion devices that can help users find lost devices, which is why AirTags are so useful. But Google has far more Android devices in use than Apple does iPhones. It's a wonder Google hasn't already copied Apple’s Find My tracking technology, but that’s exactly what the company is now doing.

Today's Top Deal

71K8hu-yewL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Crazy $70 discount slashes AirPods 2 with wireless charging to Amazon's best price of 2021!

Price: Was $199, Now $128.99
Buy Now

Continue reading...

The post Google is testing its own Find My Device app to rival Apple’s Find My appeared first on BGR.

Today's Top Deals

1. Hurry up and snag an Android 10 tablet while the price is so low
  2. Best home security camera on Amazon is the $36 Wyze Cam v3 with amazing color night vision
  3. Fire TV Stick 4K deal on Amazon saves you 20%, but not for much longer
  4. Apple Watch Series 6 price hits new all-time low in crazy Amazon sale

Trending Right Now:

1. New stimulus checks hit your account tomorrow – here’s how much money you’re getting
  2. People are obsessed with Netflix’s riveting new docuseries, and the latest episode was just released
  3. Here’s proof the new stimulus checks arriving today are having a big impact

Google is testing its own Find My Device app to rival Apple’s Find My originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 13 Aug 2021 at 13:58:59 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

hlgXDzyZjvs

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back