‘SNL’ cast 2021: Meet the show’s hilarious new Joe Biden impersonator

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy Meek
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy Meek

creen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-8.32.47-PM-e1633232078572.jpg
The 47th season of Saturday Night Live opened with newly added cast member James Austin Johnson portraying President Joe Biden -- specifically, playing him as a kindly, avuncular figure whose agenda is nevertheless getting wrecked by US Senators from his own party (Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, both of whom also were reflected in the same bit). What that cold open meant, though, is that right away in the first moments of the season premiere over the weekend, the audience and viewers were treated to the comedic handiwork of someone who will no doubt be one of the busiest in the SNL cast's 2021 lineup.

The cold open skit poked fun at Biden's increasingly drawn-out attempt to pass infrastructure and budget bills. Specifically, in a Congress which his own party controls. In the bit, which you can check out below, longtime SNL cast member Cecily Strong plays Sinema, a Democratic Senator from Arizona, who stands beside Johnson's Biden and coyly teases: "What do I want from this bill? I'll never tell. I didn't come to Congress to make friends. And so far, mission accomplished." Cheerily responds Johnson-as-Biden: "Is it just me, or does she look like all the characters from Scooby-Doo at the same time?"

Continue reading...

The post ‘SNL’ cast 2021: Meet the show’s hilarious new Joe Biden impersonator appeared first on BGR.

Today's Top Deals

1. AirPods Pro and AirPods 2 just got shockingly big discounts at Amazon
  2. Monday’s deals: Early Black Friday sale at Amazon, $179 AirPods Pro, free $12 Amazon credit, more
  3. This smart light switch has a built-in Alexa speaker – and it’s 56% off at $35
  4. Amazon early Black Friday deals start now! Here’s how to find them

Trending Right Now:

1. ‘The Many Saints of Newark’ is fine – but there’s a much better mob epic on HBO Max
  2. Angry subscribers are saying Netflix ruined ‘Seinfeld’
  3. Facebook whistleblower drops bombshell that has everyone talking

‘SNL’ cast 2021: Meet the show’s hilarious new Joe Biden impersonator originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 4 Oct 2021 at 13:21:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

JR3_YNlGres

Via BRG - Boy Genius Report

Back