where to get a product for server 2012 r2

gwb21471

I have a dell poweredge 2950. When i bought it. It had windows server 2012 R2 fresh installed. the guy i bought it off of installed it on there. I just had to put my name in and finish a few things after i turn it on. After a month of it running the hard drive that the windows server 2012 was on died and i could fix it or copy it to other drive. After finding a web site that sold keys and at the time i was to dumb to know that the key i was buying won't work. So i bought the key and downloaded windows server 2012 R2 and installed it and when i tried to activate it. I got that the key can't be activated. At the time windows server 2019 was out. I called microsoft tech support and they just told me that they couldn't help me because server 2012 was too old and i would need to buy server 2019. I didn't have $400 at the time and still don't. I got ubuntu server running on it but i like to have a windows server running instead. when i had windows server 2012 on it. It work great. Linux server keeps telling me one service keeps failing. I restart the service and it will fail with in 5 minutes or so. I use this server as a home server. It has 2 cpu's in it with 8 cores total and 24gb of memory. I don't know where to go to get a product key that will activate and i can use it with the right drivers and programs. Thank you for the help.

Have you tried to contact the person that sold you the key?

That's about the only thing you can do. Since Windows 2012 is EOL as you found out Microsoft won't support it. Your only option is to get help from the person that you bought the key from or to buy a new version of Windows Server.

Back