Custom User Control Problem

James

I am having problems initializing my custom user control. I keep getting the following error:

Specified cast is not valid.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.]
WylePricingSystem.HeaderInfo.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in \\station5\wwwroot$\WylePricingSystem\NewLaborEst.aspx.vb:105
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Ive attached my code. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

James

You didnt attach your code. Not that I have time to download attachments - can you paste the line in question, and perhaps the ones before and after it?

I get the error on the last line below.

Protected WithEvents Head As PriceHeader

Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Dim sScript As String

Head = DirectCast(FindControl("Header1"), PriceHeader)

Ok, then that error simply means that the control "Header1" is not a PriceHeader.

"Header1" is the id for my custom control. How do I make "Header1" a PriceHeader?

James

Back