Distributing application with crystal report

devados

I have a cystal report control in my vb.net solution. I was able to build my solution without any errors. When I run it in the client pc,

I could not open the window which contains the crystal report viewer. The error appears as, dependencies not found for crystal decicions class. How can I solve this problem.

Is there any way to add these dependencies without adding a setup project?

What files I supposed to add?

My Dear i also have faced this problem

First of all you need to download Crystal Reports Murge Modules. it could be found from http://crystaldecisions.com

then add those murge modules in your setup Package. that zip file alos contain a pdf file realted to how to make a setup package with that

i hope it would work.

I did that. I added the following merge modules:
managed.msn
database_access.msm
database_access_enu.msm
regwiz.msm

licene key property of regwiz.msm must be filled:
xx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
(licence key was in this format. is it correct?)

following error appears while building the project:

G:\Visual Studio Projects\Setup3\Setup3.vdproj Could not find file E:\DOCUME~1\peter\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup3.msi\Managed.D93ED6F5_1D53_11D4_A53C_0090278A1BB8\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Managed\CrystalDecisions.Web.dll Interface not registered

what shoud i do to get this done?

Dear You dont need to add any additional packages. Just these packages will do every thing you want

The merge modules Crystal Reports 9 are available for download from the Crystal Care Technical Support web site at the following URL:
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/updates/
Once on the web site, search for the merge modules by selecting Crystal Reports from "Select a product," 9 from "Select a product version," and Product update from "Select a file type," and then click Go.
There are potentially four merge modules that need to be included in a setup project to deploy reports.

I am using crystal report 8.00 and could not find any updates for .net

I think either I have to upgrade to cr 9.00 or continue with cr .net. Am I correct?

I dont have licenced cr 9.00. In this case my problem exists with cr.net only (which was shipped with vs.net)

I am not sure wheather I am correct. But this what I understood.

If I am continuing with cr.net can i use the vs.net licence key for cr.net. Please let me know.

Everytime I build the solution I am getting different errors.

following are the errors i get last 2 times i build the solution.

ERROR: Could not find file E:\DOCUME~1\peter\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup3.msi\Managed.D93ED6F5_1D53_11D4_A53C_0090278A1BB8\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Crystal.NET\CrystalDecisions.Web.dll Interface not registered

ERROR: Could not find file E:\DOCUME~1\peter\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup3.msi\Database_Access.BF125633_EFD6_11D3_A52F_00A0C9CA42BA\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\tslv.dll Interface not registered

can any one find out why its happening?

Ah, Tell me one thing, Why you are using CR 8 with .NET tool. coz it was an old version . if you have VS.NET then just install CR Components. i was thinking you are using Crystel Report 9.0, instead of using 8.0 with Visual Studio .NET you should use Crystal Reports For VS. Packaged with Visual Studio.NET or CR 9.0 . if you dont have a lisance then no problem you can use CR for .NET ,
just try doing one thing. Delete all temporary files from your temp Folder. Next there is one thing Visual Studio is unable to find dependency files for your CR 8 Reports. Coz it;s quoting that Unable to find FILE

beat me to it Madz....

yes you should use the CR that is shipped with VS. Im using this with no problems.

Would one of you folks mind describing this process of finding the crystal 8 support files and adding them in to a web install of an app that "merely" displays a crystal report in a browser.

Thanks,
Howard

According to Crystal Decisions - Crystal Reports for Visual Studio.Net the required merge files (4) are :
Managed.MSM
Database_Access.MSM
Database_Access_enu.MSM
REGWIZ.MSM

Back