Compact Framework

Cags

I personally feel that a section devoted to all aspects of the Compact Framework would be usefull. Especially as it can be quite hard to find information specific to the CF.

Weve decided that at the moment the level of CF traffic does not warrant its own forum. However we will keep your suggestion mind and if demand picks up well re-visit it.

Banjo said:
Weve decided that at the moment the level of CF traffic does not warrant its own forum. However we will keep your suggestion mind and if demand picks up well re-visit it.

Id like to second that request... CF is getting more popular!

The .NET Compact Framework, is for the most part, a subset of the .NET Framework itself. Most of the discussions that can be generated about it can easily fit in one of the pre-existing forums.

If you can think of several examples that counter this argument, we might reconsider (although I find the likeliness of that happening rather slim).

Id like to third that motion to have a .NET CF forum created.

I a noob to .NET CF and im having no end of difficulty with it and would greatly appreciate if there was somewhere to look up and see if others are experiencing the same difficulties with it.

I agree. I suggested a forum for the compact framework a while ago also. I feel there are issues that goes beyond just the .net framework, but how it works on hand held platforms as well, such as pocket pc, smart phones, windows ce. Even different processors (strong arm, xprocessor) and distribution are issues that i believe are within the purview of the .net compact framework, just as much as IIS is apart of the asp.net forum. becuase of the many issues that come along with the compact framework, i do believe it warrants a separate forum.

Back