What is your favorite 1st person shooter ?

1. Halflife - best intro ever, best story ever, great mix of combat and "puzzles", great enemy AI (the marines flanking and flushing with grenades for ex) - great graphics at the time that still look decent today.
2. FarCry - good story, decent AI for the most part (although it is completely stupid at times), ridiculously sweet graphics.
3. Unreal Tournament - I like the wierd weapons and bot matches (since Im not into twich games online). Its something good to play just for a little carnage. "Head Shot!"
4. Ive never been a huge Doom fan except for maybe the first game which, of course, was revolutionary. I always thought the Doom games had kinda weak stories - more like just a vehicle for mass destruction. Ill likely try Doom3 though just for the eye-candy factor on the PC I built recently.

well.. Ive played Halflife and I love the tactic side.

Ive seen Far Cry and its so nice on the graphic side. And I love to ride those little vehicule.

Unreal Tournament is too "unreal" for me... maybe Ive had too many "Head Shot!" that I got bored before Ive started having fun.

But Doom..... Ive played Doom since the very first... I know its "unreal" also... but the weapons are much more "realistic" than Unreal. I remember I really liked to make everyone explode with a little rocket.

My favorite : HALF-LIFE for his strategic play.

cassio - i recently purchased a comp with 9800 pro, 1 gig of ram and 3 ghz.. and i bought far cry.. .the thing lags like hell!
could you please tell me how you got the game to run, currently i can only run the game on all LOW settings :(!!

ill try reinstalling the game, but is there anything that i can do to make this faster? (do i need to reduce AA or something)

-pent

Welll .... you got 4 choices... :p
I might have search all the web for ALL FPS... but it would have exceeded the 10... so I better stick with 4.

ThePentiumGuy said:
cassio - i recently purchased a comp with 9800 pro, 1 gig of ram and 3 ghz.. and i bought far cry.. .the thing lags like hell!
could you please tell me how you got the game to run, currently i can only run the game on all LOW settings :(!!

ill try reinstalling the game, but is there anything that i can do to make this faster? (do i need to reduce AA or something)

On the configuration tool I set the machine spec to high, AA to medium, screen resolution 1280x1024x32 and all the video advanced options to high.
I guess theres someting wrong with your config. I have a athlon 2600, with 500 gb of ram. It just takes a while to load, but after that it runs fine.
Im also using the Omega 2.5.51 driver.

Did you run 3D Mark on your machine? Whats your result?

Well... Far Cry is the only game that I didnt manage to make it work on my computer.

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.0ghz)
512 Mb of RAM
40Go HD
nVidia MX 420 - 64Mb (aaaahhhhhhh its considered as a 2D card on nVidia web site... Ill have to buy a new one)
resolution : 1024x768

Ahhhhh I hate Halo.
Too much bash and destroy everything in your path. I enjoy game like Half-Life, Battlefield (kinda bash but... it dont take much to die), Splinter Cell... welll you know the style.

halos great, but theres something about the game, imo, that... doesnt quite make it a long lasting game.. its not a game thatll be played for years such as hl, possibly becuase its more of a linear game.

Back