UDP / I think I know the answer but.....

ZeroEffect

Is ther a way to tell where a UDP packet came from? I know UDP is connectionless and all that but does it have in the packect the IP address that sent it.

I have to use UDP in the Program I am making and I would like to send a confermation message to the sending work station that an operation has been done. I know TCP/IP would be better suited for this but Im stuck with UDP.

I thought about Putting an Identifier in the sent string but Im trying to keep it user friendly.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

ZeroEffect

ZeroEffect said:
Is ther a way to tell where a UDP packet came from? I know UDP is connectionless and all that but does it have in the packect the IP address that sent it.

I have to use UDP in the Program I am making and I would like to send a confermation message to the sending work station that an operation has been done. I know TCP/IP would be better suited for this but Im stuck with UDP.

I thought about Putting an Identifier in the sent string but Im trying to keep it user friendly.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

ZeroEffect

If there was a way that you could obtain the RAW UDP data then yes.
Byte breakdown

Hmm I have no clue how to do that at this point. The byte breakdown is great information. Would you have any other information on how to get the raw data?

Thanks

ZeroEffect

ZeroEffect said:
Hmm I have no clue how to do that at this point. The byte breakdown is great information. Would you have any other information on how to get the raw data?

Thanks

ZeroEffect

No, I havent worked with obtaining that but *someone* using these forums must know.

Back