unable to connect to msde on second machine...

lidds

I currently have MSDE installed on my laptop(ip=10.26.10.2), I have networked my laptop to my desktop pc(ip=10.26.10.1) which has my .net application running on it. I have set both my laptop and desktop with same login and passwords, and when I ping my laptop theres no problem there, as well as mapping drives etc. so all ok from the network side of things.

The problem comes when I try to connect to my MSDE database from my desktop using the following code:

Code:
Dim testconn as new oledb.oledbconnection("Provider=sqloledb;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Data Source=10.26.10.2,1433;initial catalog=test;user id=admin;password=admin1")
        Try
            testconn.Open()
        Catch objError As Exception
            MsgBox("Error connecting to server .... " & objError.Message, MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "Server Connection Error")
        End Try

I am getting the error:
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied

but when I run the application on my laptop obviously replacing the ip address to suit it works fine.

Can anyone help, as I have exhausted all options that I can think of.

Cheers

Simon

I answered my own question, but for anyone that might encounter the same problem. MYSql did not have its TCP/IP protocols enabled. Did this by calling up the MySql network utility svrnetcn.exe

Back